Frequently Asked Questions


 Am I a regulated facility?

You are a regulated facility if you are a Food Service Establishment or a Limited-Food Service Establishment.

A Food Service Establishment (FSE) is any permanent facility within the boundaries of the City of Biddeford, which prepares and/or packages food or beverages for distribution, sale, or consumption, on or off site, which has any process or device that uses or produces FOG. Excluding private residences, FSEs include but are not limited to food courts, food manufacturers, food packagers, food processors, restaurants, sandwich shops, grocery stores, bakeries, butchers, limited food service establishments, lounges, hospitals, hotels, nursing homes, churches, and school cafeterias.

A Limited-Food Service Establishment (L-FSE) is a type of food service establishment generally engaged only in reheating, hot holding, or assembly of ready-to-eat food products, and as a result, wastewater discharges contain insignificant amounts of FOG. A L-FSE is not engaged in deep frying or grilling.

 What are my responsibilities?

First and foremost, if you are regulated you must register on or before June 30, 2015 and annually thereafter.  Registration forms (downloadable and online) are available through the Registration Page.

 What if I choose not to register by June 30?

Any facility determined to be subject to the Ordinance that fails to register on time is subject to a $75.00 registration fee and may be found in non-compliance with other provisions of the Ordinance.

 How do I find out more about my responsibilites?

The Ordinance is available for review through the City website.  Click on a section header to show text.