Benefits Overview - Employee Forms
The following information is a general overview only. It is provided for the purpose of conveying information to current employees and job applicants. This overview does not constitute any guarantee, commitment or contract for any benefit or benefit plan described herein. Please refer to the City of Biddeford's Policies, Procedures and Benefits manual and/or applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement for specific details. The City reserves the right to amend or end any or all benefits under its control.
Direct deposit is a free service for electronically delivering payroll funds to an employee’s financial institution(s) each payday. Download the direct deposit form (PDF).
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
FSAs can be set up for Medical (Health and/or Dental) Care as well as Dependent Care expenses, allowing an employee to set aside a predetermined amount of money on a pre-tax basis and be reimbursed for eligible expenses consistent with applicable provisions of the IRS Code.
Employees can access their FSA by visiting the Combined Services website.
457 Plan (Deferred Compensation)
The City of Biddeford’s 457 plan was set up in November of 1985 to provide City Employees with a flexible alternative retirement program. The 457 Plan is a non-qualified deferred compensation plan for states, counties, cities, agencies, and their political subdivisions that affords plan participants the underlying:
- Before tax deposits / tax deferral on growth
- Immediate vesting
- Employer match up to 5% of deferral amount
- Offering a wide range of Investment options including stable value (money markets), bonds, balanced funds and U.S. / international stocks
- Online account access 24/7 by visiting the ICMA-RC website
- Start and stop capability and semi-annual increase or decrease in deferral amounts
- Monthly statements / year end statements
- Deposits are made weekly to participant accounts.
- Distributions are made upon retirement, termination of employment, extreme financial hardship or at death to named beneficiaries.
- Loan programs are available to those who qualify.
Group Health Insurance
The City offers group health insurance benefits to employees (and their eligible dependents) in regular full-time positions through 2 insurance plans. The City and the employee share in the cost of the premium with the employee's share (20%) being contributed through payroll deduction.
Employees working in positions represented by the Teamsters are offered coverage through Northern New England Benefit Trust. More information about this coverage may be found at Allegiant Care website.
All other regular full time employees (including those employees working in positions covered by the International Association of Fire Fighters, and non-union employees) are offered coverage through Maine Municipal Employees Health Trust. More information about this coverage may be found at the MMEHT website.
All regular and part-time employees, including those on probation, who have served at least 30 days are entitled to holidays as follows:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Washington's Birthday
- Patriots Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Thanksgiving Friday
- Christmas Eve, one-half day
- Christmas Day
Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
The City offers employees a Section 125 (of the IRS Code) Plan giving them the option of paying for their share of health insurance premium contributions on a pre-tax basis. Employess participating in the City's group health coverage who do not choose to utilize this plan pay their insurance premiums on post tax basis.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The City of Biddeford cares about its employees and their total health management - both physical and emotional. For that reason, the City provides, at no cost, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). This service connects you with the best mental health and counseling services to fit individual needs. Whether you are interested in work/life resources, mental health assistance, or legal and financial advice the Anthem Employee Assistance Program (EAP) service can connect you with a variety of professionals. With just one phone call, at any hour of the day or night, you can reach a compassionate ear and connect to helpful resources. The identity of anyone accessing the EAP services is kept strictly confidential.
To access this valuable benefit or for more detailed information regarding this program please call 800-999-7222 or visit the Anthem EAP website.
- 2015-2018 Police Contract (PDF)
- 2015-2018 Public Works Supervisory (PDF)
- 2017 I-9 Form (PDF)
- Accumulated Time Office (DOC)
- City of Biddeford Human Resources Policies Procedures and Benefits Manual (PDF)
- Direct Deposit Form (PDF)
- Family Medical Leave - Request Form (DOC)
- Fire Contract 2015-2018 (PDF)
- FSA Claim Form (PDF)
- ICMA RC - Employee Contribution Change Form (PDF)
- ICMA RC 457 - 2018 Loan Refinance Application (PDF)
- ICMA RC 457 - Benificiary / Marital Status / Name Change Form (PDF)
- ICMA RC 457 - Hardship Application (PDF)
- ICMA RC 457 - Plan Document (PDF)
- ICMA RC 457 - Rollover Form ICMA (PDF)
- Maine Public Employees Retirement - Beneficiary Change Form (PDF)
- Maine W-4 Form (PDF)
- Public Works Non-Supervisory 2015-2018 Contract (PDF)
- Real Estate Sewer Deduction Authorization (DOC)
- Safety Concern (DOC)