Liability Insurance

The City has a primary form it uses for people who wish to file a claim against the City for allegedly causing property damage or personal injury.

Accident Report

The City has an online Accident Report claim form and is available for anyone who has a property damage or personal injury claim allegedly caused by the negligence of the City. Forms can also be obtained in the Human Resources Office in City Hall. The claimant should complete the form, filling in answers to all questions. Copies of any receipts, estimates or paid bills should be attached.

The Accident Report form and applicable attachments should be submitted in person or by mail to:

Human Resources Office
Attn: Diana DePaolo
205 Main Street
Biddeford, ME 04005 

Fax: 207-571-0674 

Following Receipt

Upon receipt, the City forwards the information to the insurance agency handling the City's liability insurance for appropriate follow-up.

A representative from the City's insurance company will make contact with the claimant after receiving this information.