This online service allows you to renew your Maine registration for any non-excise-taxable trailer. You may renew each trailer for one or two years, and you may renew multiple trailers at one time.
You should receive your new registration certificate and stickers within 7 business days. If your registration will expire within 7 days, and you are planning to travel out-of-state with your vehicle, you may wish to renew your registration in person at a BMV branch or your municipal office.
Fees (includes agent fee):
- Less than 2,000 Gross Vehicle Weight - $12.50 for 1 year or $24.00 for 2 years
- More than 2,000 Gross Vehicle Weight - $22.00 for 1 year or $43.00 for 2 years
- Fees for expired registrations vary – correct fees will be calculated by the system and displayed to you before payment.
This service is for:
- Anyone renewing a Maine trailer registration.
- Your trailer must be non-excise taxable. Examples: Utility trailers, ATV trailers, snowmobile trailers, boat trailers, semi-trailers. Camper and tent trailers are excise-taxable.
- Your registration must be due for renewal (within 60 days of expiration) or expired.
- To renew an excise-taxable trailer online, use the Vehicle Registration service.
- What you will need:
- Your current registration for each trailer you wish to renew
- Credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover)
- A printer
View more to get started.