While City Hall remains closed to the public during Maine’s Stay Healthy at Home directive, we are not able to hold meetings the traditional way in the Council Chambers. Instead, we will be using Zoom, a video conference tool, so that our City Council, committees, boards, and commissions can continue to complete business without meeting in person.
How can I use Zoom to watch and participate in a meeting?
- The instructions for joining each meeting will be posted in the description box for the meeting on our website calendar. You will need to click on the title of the meeting to access all of the details.
- You will not need to register for a Zoom account, but you will need to download the Zoom application before the meeting in order to use the link.
- As a meeting viewer, you will not be shown on camera, and your microphone will be muted by default.
What controls should I use to participate in the meeting?
If you would like to participate during the meeting, click the "raise your hand" button at the bottom of the screen at the appropriate time for comment. The host of the meeting will see that you would like to participate and will be able to turn your mic on for you when it is your turn to speak.
If you have joined the meeting by phone only, you will need to use the following codes:
- *6 - Toggle mute/unmute
- *9 - Raise hand
Do I have to use Zoom to watch the meeting?
No, you will still be able to watch a livestream of meetings as you usually would on Public Access Channel 1301 or on our website.
What if I want to submit comments without using Zoom to join a meeting?
You can submit comments to the City Council in several ways:
- Before or during the meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Call our service hotline at 284-9020 to give a verbal comment. This option is available until 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
If you would like to submit comments to another City committee, board, or commission, you may contact the appropriate committee directly. (Please note that items up for consideration by the Planning Board may have more specific guidelines for public comment. For more information, visit www.biddefordmaine.org/planning).