The City of Biddeford, dubbed as one of Southern Maine’s most resurgent communities is currently accepting applications for a Full-Time Fleet Mechanic. Applicants must be highly skilled in the repair and maintenance of gasoline and diesel engines.
- Must have experience in troubleshooting and repairs on cars, pickups, class 8 trucks and construction equipment.
- Must have experience with automobile and heavy-duty truck scan tools and have a current State of Maine inspection license for Cars, Trucks and School Buses.
- Must have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Small Engine Repair
- Automotive Electrical Systems
- Hydraulic Systems
- Heavy- Duty Truck Air Brake Systems
- Welding, Cutting and Fabrication
This position requires the safe operation of city owned vehicles, such as pick-up trucks, dump trucks, salt spreaders, snowplows, etc. A valid driver’s license is required.
Successful candidate must be available for emergencies such as snowfall, floods.
City of Biddeford provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $30.89 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location