Pursuant to the Maine Freedom of Access Act I am requesting the following information:
- An electronic copy of your office’s grant application for the Center for Tech and Civic Life COVID-19 Response grant;
- An electronic copy of the grant report for the Center for Tech and Civic Life COVID-19 Response grant that was due January 31, 2021;
- Any other documents, including but not limited to forms, spreadsheets, or photos regarding the Center for Tech and Civic Life Covid-19 Response grant in the possession of the City of Biddeford.
There should be no fees associated with this request as I am requesting the information in a format in which it is readily available. And I will anticipate a response to this request in a reasonable time period. If access to the records I am requesting will take longer, please contact me with information about when I might expect to receive the requested records.
Please send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Senior Research Fellow
Foundation for Government Accountability
office: 239.244.8808 ext. 134
From: Phinney, Brian
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 4:22 PM
To: 'Alli@thefga.org' <Alli@thefga.org>
Subject: FOAA Request for Posting
Thank you for the public records request dated March 1, 2021. The City has reviewed your request and is in the process of compiling and posting the requested documents to our FOAA website. When the files are available you will be sent the website link for document review and/or download. The link will be provided via email on or before Friday, March 12, 2021.
Regarding your specific request please not the following.
- The city does not have a copy of the original grant application. The application was an online form. The department submitting the application did not print or save a copy of the application.
- There is no fee associated with your request. However, for clarification, the form of the public record(s) is not the determining factor for fees that may be applicable as implied within your request. Under Maine’s Freedom of Access statute government units may charge, among other costs and along with other caveats, a fee for the actual cost of searching for, retrieving, and compiling the requested public record of not more than $15 per hour after the first hour of staff time. Since your records request did not exceed one hour of staff time no fee is applicable. You may check Maine’s Revised Statutes website for a full copy of the Freedom of Access provisions.
Brian S. Phinney
Chief Operating Officer/ Technology Dir.
City of Biddeford
P.O. Box 586
205 Main Street
Biddeford, ME 04005
Phone: (207) 571-0032
Fax: (207) 571-0656