RFP - ADA Self-Evaluation and Transition Plan
RFP - American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Self-Evaluation and Transition Plan
The City of Biddeford is seeking proposals from qualified firms to provide a comprehensive evaluation of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility compliance of City facilities, programs, services, and communications. In this context, a City program will mean all City services, activities, employment practices and/or communications addressed by ADA regulations. The project will involve conducting a self-evaluation and the end product will be a formal ADA Transition Plan, including estimated costs for addressing barriers identified. Proposals are due on or before 2:00 EDT Friday, June 4, 2021.
The full RFP document may be downloaded from the Related Documents Section of this page.
Questions Received and Responded to:
From: Jennie Grover
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 9:04 AM
Cc: 'Barbara Thorpe' <BThorpe@DAC-corp.com>; Tim Mahoney <email@example.com>
Subject: Biddeford ADA Self-Assessment and Transition Plan RFP - Disability Access Consultants, LLC
Hello Mr. Phinney,
Our firm, Disability Access Consultants, LLC, is preparing a response to the City of Biddeford RFP for an ADA Self-assessment and Transition Plan. To assist with preparing our proposal, we would like to submit the following questions regarding the scope of work.
- Will the City please provide square footage information indicating the size of the City facilities that will be included in the survey?
- Police Dept 39 Alfred Approx 17,360 sqft
- J Richard Martin Ctr 189 Alfred Approx 41,500 sqft
- Fire Dept 152 Alfred Approx 18,918 sqft
- Public Access Bldg 15 Columbus Way Approx 5,570 sqft
- Public Works Garage 371 Hill Approx 7,000 sq ft + highbay and bus garage
- City Hall 205 Main Approx 43,400 sq ft
- Wastewater Treatment 51-57 Water Approx 3,450 sqft
- Bath House Beach House Lane Approx 160 sqft
- Municipal Airport 87-88 Landry Approx 1,512 sqft
- Parks & Rec Storage 284 Hill Approx 4,200 sqft
- Biddeford Teen Ctr 550 Main Approx 2,560 sqft
- Are the schools listed as Alternative Facilities to be included in the surveys? If so, can the City also provide the sizes of the schools? The schools are not included. The limit of the survey will be the sidewalk access to these facilities.
- Are the park sites in Appendix A that have dashed strike throughs across the facility name to be excluded from the assessments? They are excluded except for: Waterhouse Field - St. Louis Field – Parcel ID 28-270, which shall be included.
Thank you very much. We appreciate the opportunity to provide the City with a proposal for our services.
Director of Administrative Services
Disability Access Consultants
Office: (800) 743-7067
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended only for the use of the Individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by telephone at (800) 743-7067 or notify us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.