Assistant Director of Public Works
The City of Biddeford’s Public Works Department has an amazing opportunity for an experienced leader seeking an opportunity to innovate within our organization. We have experienced an economic revival centered around a nationally-recognized creative community in our downtown. Once expected to dwindle in population, a growing Biddeford is now the youngest community in Maine and is continuing to transform as new residents and entrepreneurs are attracted to the community.
The Public Works Department seeks a seasoned professional to assist in the day to day operations of the Department, reporting directly to the Director of Public Works. The Assistant Director is responsible for the oversight, efficiency and quality of all operations and functions of the department, as designated by the Director. This includes:
- Supervises all employees in conjunction with the Director of Public Works.
- Provides guidance and assistance to the garage supervisor with RFP's and RFQ's as needed.
- Manages the garage supervisor and director as needed for new purchases through the Council.
- Oversees the garage Vehicle Insurance, registrations and titles.
- Helps on call as needed throughout the year in the garage and street operations.
- Oversees the Street light program.
- Oversees the capital building needs throughout city buildings.
- Runs fuel reports and other monthly department reports through the garage.
- Manage maintenance of the Woodlawn cemetery with the director.
- Manage relationship between public works facility and the engineering department.
- Direct maintenance of the Public works facility.
- Assist director and codes in chapter 26, 46, 58 and 62 of the city ordinance.
- Assist the director in preparation of the budget and expenditure of funds.
- Street opening permit reviews and reports back to director before approval as needed.
- Prepares all insurance information for the Human Resource department for all claims.
- Prepares all needed paper work and scheduled hearings for fact findings to the director for decisions.
- Helps the Airport manager as needed through the director.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $82,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Associate (Preferred)
- Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDL A (Preferred)