- Human Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Operations Manager
The Public Works Department seeks an energetic professional to assist in the day to day operations of the Department, reporting directly to the Director of Public Works. The Operations Manager is responsible for the administration of overall operations and functions of the department including:
- Schedule and track work activities of department for purposes of budgeting, ordering of materials, preparation of specifications and bidding of contracted services, as designated by the Director
- Responsible for efficiency and quality of department activities, as designated by the Director; Supervises employees either directly or through subordinates
- Operations manager works with supervisors in determining means, methods, and processes of department activities;
- Oversee all winter operations with the Director and designee
- Assist in enforcement of Chapters 26 and 58 of the Code of Ordinances
- Assist in preparation of the budget and expenditure of funds;
- Issuance of Street Opening permits and collection of appropriate fees;
- Perform inspections of work associated with Street Opening permits, new road construction and private ways, as designated by the Director
- Determines work procedures, helps prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures
- Responds to public or other inquiries relative to department policies and procedures; Evaluates issues and options regarding municipal public works and makes recommendations
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of public works and construction principles, practices and methods as applicable to a municipal setting
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with employees, consultants, other governmental agency representatives, City officials and the general public; Ability to conduct necessary research and compile comprehensive reports.
- Skill in operating tools and equipment.
Must possess a valid CDL license or have the ability to obtain one within 6 months.
Annual salary of $73,000-89,000 depending on qualifications
Please go to www.biddefordmaine.org/apply to apply or email your resume to email@example.com