While City Hall remains closed to the public during Maine’s Stay Healthy at Home directive, we are not able to hold meetings the traditional way in the Council Chambers. Instead, we will be using Zoom, a video conference tool, so that our Councilors can continue to complete business without meeting in person.
How can I use Zoom to watch and participate in a City Council meeting?
- The instructions for joining each meeting will be posted in the description box for the meeting on our website calendar. You will need to click on the title of the meeting to access all of the details.
- You will not need to register for a Zoom account, but you will need to download the Zoom application before the meeting in order to use the link.
- As a meeting viewer, you will not be shown on camera, and your microphone will be muted by default.
How can I participate in the meeting?
If you would like to participate during the meeting, use the "raise your hand" button at the appropriate time for comment. The host of the meeting will see that you would like to participate and will be able to turn your mic on for you when it is your turn to speak.
You can also participate without joining the meeting using the methods described below.
Do I have to use Zoom to watch the meeting?
No, you will still be able to watch a livestream of meetings as you usually would on Public Access Channel 1301 or on our website.
What if I want to submit comments without joining the meeting?
You can submit comments to the Council in several ways:
- Before or during the meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Call our service hotline at 284-9020 to give a verbal comment. This option is available until 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
What about other Boards, Commissions, and Committees?
We are working on resuming meetings of other Boards, Commissions, and Committees through Zoom and will share more information about how to access those meetings at a future date.