Get ready for a fun, cabin-fever busting WinterFest weekend in Biddeford, February 4 – 6, 2022, with something for everyone!
Friday, February 4, 2022
- First Night Sledding Party (shhhhh– not for the kids!) This event is extremely popular and we’re bringing it back for 2022!! Kick off WinterFest weekend with an adults-only sledding party on the Adams Street sledding hill at City Hall. Indulge your inner child (we’ll provide the sleds!) from 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. WinterFest is all about making sure kids in Biddeford and surrounding communities have access to outdoor winter fun. All proceeds from this event will go back into supporting the mission of WinterFest – including providing hats, socks, and/or gloves for kids in need. Do a little good, have a little fun, join us! Tickets are limited to ensure the hill stays in good shape for Saturday’s events, so secure your spot by purchasing a ticket online. Drink specials are available at participating locations for sledders 21+.
- Climate [In] Action: An Exhibition of the Work of Jill Pelto, Climate Change Artist - The Biddeford Climate Task Climate Force is pleased to present an Open House and Interactive Public Workshop for Climate [In] Action, an exhibition of the work of Local Climate Change Artist Jill Pelto. The educational event, hosted in partnership with Engine and York County Community Action Corporation, will take place on Friday, February 4 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Engine’s art gallery located at 163 Main Street in Biddeford. Pelto’s work aims to construct new ways to communicate science through art and inspire people to take action. The pieces on display in the Climate [In] Action exhibit highlight the effects of climate change such as melting glaciers, rising sea levels, and threatened species. While all ages are welcome to attend the workshop, participation is geared towards those 12 and up. Masks and vaccination cards are required.
Saturday, Feb. 5, 2022
Winter Fun Time!
This is the true “heart” of WinterFest! Come on out and enjoy the snow! Come on out for a FREE day of fun for families in the center of downtown! More events added as we confirm them – please check back!
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sledding (on Adams Street). Sleds provided! Thanks to New Life Church and their amazing group of volunteers, sledding is free, with no limit to how many times you can slide down.
- Have you ever cooked over an open fire? No matter how you answer, you’ll want to check out what’s cooking with Apex!
- Face painting
- Yard games – try out some fun yard games, all in the snow!
- Keep your eyes open for some magical guests to arrive!
Noon – 3 p.m.
- Watch a variety of performances on the stage by DANCE House Productions (1 -2 pm), Nine Tigers Kung Fu (2 pm), BHS Marching band, UNE A Capella Group and the BIS singers
- Hungry? Look for the Multi-cultural food stand and Pizza POLARooza, all free! Including Pizza by Alex, Louis Pizza, TJ’s and Portland Pie!
- New Life Church will be providing free hot cocoa and beautiful handmade hats, mittens and scarfs! Be sure to stop by and warm up!
2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Bike Giveaway! Be sure to sign up for a free bike raffle sponsored by New Life Church! Biddeford WalMart is also donating 30 bikes to raffle at WinterFest!
A warming area will also be provided to help take the chill off!!
- Juston McKinney, City Theater: A former Biddeford native (Cleaves Street!) and City Theater favorite, comedian Juston McKinney returns with lots of new material! With multiple appearances on the Tonight Show, Conan O’Brien, both a half-hour special and a one-hour special on Comedy Central, Juston also has two one-hour specials you can currently see right now on Amazon Prime! Throw in a couple appearances at the TD Garden for Comics Come Home w/ Denis Leary, a Showtime special with Rob Gronkowski, and you can see why the New York Times called him “Destined for stardom.” See this former Maine Deputy Sheriff turned comedian live at the City Theater. Purchase tickets online or call the Box Office at 282-0849.
Sunday, Feb. 6, 2022
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
WinterFest continues through Sunday at West Brook Skating Rink! Be sure to get outside and enjoy the winter weather with some fun ice skating! Thanks to the continued hard work of volunteers over the past few years, West Brook Skating Rink is open!