We are excited to be offering residents a new online service for purchasing beach permits in 2022!
To purchase a resident beach permit online, you must attach/upload a copy of a VALID vehicle registration for the vehicle(s) listed on the permit. If the vehicle registration(s) does not show a physical street address in Biddeford, you must also attach/upload proof of Biddeford residency (tax bill, utility bill, lease, etc.).
Once your beach permit has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email. Please print out a copy of the confirmation email and display it in the vehicle’s front windshield, driver’s side, with the plate number visible. For Summer 2022, you will NOT be issued a beach permit sticker to display. Your license plate number will be used to confirm your permit registration.
Permits will continue to be available for purchase in person at the City Clerk's office during regular business hours. At the time of purchase, you must provide the registration of the vehicle that you would like to register for a permit.
Beach Permit Prices
The City Council recently approved an ordinance change that would increase the cost of beach permits in order to cover increases in costs associated with summer beach operations, such as wages for lifeguards and custodians. The new fee amounts are listed below.
- $35 for the first vehicle (up from $28)
- $20 per additional vehicle registered at the same address (up from $15)
- Residents 65+: $20 (up from $15)
- Service fee for online permit purchases: $2.50 (Note: this fee is charged by our online purchasing service provider and is not a City fee.)
- Season Permit: $245 (up from $153)
- 7-Day Permit: $140 (up from $79)
- 3-Day Permit: $75 (up from $46)
- 1-Day Permit: $35 (up from $22)
Visit https://www.biddefordmaine.org/beaches for more information about beach permits and to access the online permit purchasing portal.