Birth, Death, & Marriage Certificates
To access a Birth, Death, or Marriage Certificate, an application form must be completed. There are separate applications for birth certificates (PDF), death certificates (PDF), and marriage certificates (PDF).
A certified vital record costs $15; and $6 each for additional copies of the same record. In the City Clerk's Office, we accept cash, credit and debit cards and checks (made payable to the City of Biddeford).
Requests by Mail
If making your request by mail, you must include a photocopy of your driver's license or two other forms of identification.
Please send your request to the address below and enclose payment by check:
City Clerk's Office
P.O. Box 586
Biddeford, ME 04005
Requests Online or by Phone
The State of Maine partners with VitalChek Network, Inc. to provide an online or phone method to request vital records. Visit the VitalChek website or call 1-877-523-2659. An additional fee to process the order may be charged by VitalChek for using this service. Individuals have the option to send the copy of the vital record by mail or by UPS. All major credit cards are accepted, including American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa.
- Due to the lengthiness of the process of completing the Marriage Intentions Form (PDF) and the preparation of the Marriage License, the City Clerk's Office will not be processing Marriage Licenses after 3:00 p.m.
- Persons must be 18 years old without parental consent.
- Marriage licenses cost $40.
- In the City Clerk's Office, we accept cash, credit and debit cards and checks (made payable to the City of Biddeford).
- Picture identification is required.
- If not your first marriage, divorce papers or death certificate of previous spouse is required.
- Divorce papers and/or death certificate must be original documents and have official signature and seal. Photocopies of these documents are not acceptable.
- Marriage licenses are valid for 90 days from the date issue.
- There is no waiting period; nor are blood tests required.
- You may download, print, and complete but do not sign the Marriage Intentions form (PDF) prior to coming into the City Clerk's Office. Signatures need to be notarized.
For more information on Vital Records, visit the State of Maine website.